As a son of immigrants living in District 28 my entire life, I have seen the struggles of many diverse people, and will do everything I can to help a family or individual persevere, and be successful in life.
- I will fight for immigrant rights and ensure they are getting a fair and equittable chance to live a good life.
- Ensure that immigrant families are recieving assistance needed to help them thrive.
- Offer assistance to Dreamers when it comes to filling out paperwork, and helping them find oppertunities to create a better life.
- Assist with organizations that help support immigrants to make sure they have the resouces needed.
- Expand on the tuition waiver for Native Americans
- Provide a school for Native American students on tribal land
- Provide funding for studies on missing Native American women.
- Protect womans rights and the Nevada Equal Rights Amendment.
- Ensure woman are getting paid equally by stopping gender pay gaps.
- Ensure woman have paid time off for maternity leave & stengthen FMLA.
- Create legislation to provide womans feminine products in restooms at certain public places.
- I believe Black Lives Matter and know the fight for systemic equality persists. Black culture is responsible for so much of our way of life, and I believe we need to be more educated, informed, and aware of the challenges a black man or woman face on a daily basis.
- Fight proposals to stop teaching black history in schools
- As an AAPI myself, I will fight to stop Asian Hate and increase hate crime laws against the AAPI community.
- I would like to better define what hate crimes are to the state, and take a closer look at what is considered a hate crime.
- Ensure homeless individuals are protected under hate crime laws
- I will bring legislation that protects all marginalized people from hate crimes & discrimination.
- I will fight to have mental health and surgical procedures for the LGBTQA community be covered by insurance.
- Ensure proper pronouns and identities are being represented on legal documents.
- Ensure the LGBTQA youth is not being bulied in the school system, this goes with having more awareness, training, and counselors in schools.
- Build on the gender neutral restroom law by increasing inclusivity.
- Ensure voting ballots are translated into all languages to make sure everyone can vote in a language they understand.
- Expand early voting hours and locations.
- Fight proposals that require ID to vote.
- Fight proposals to reduce mail in voting.